To direct and control the company's operations and to give strategic
guidance and direction to the Board to ensure that the company achieves
its mission and objectives.
1. Direct and control the work and resources
of the company and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required
numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff to ensure
that it achieves its mission and objectives.
2. Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress
against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as
cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
3. Provide strategic advice and guidance to the chairman and the members
of the Board, to keep them aware of the developments within the industry
and to ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the
company's mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory
and other regulations.
4. Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major
customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local
authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to
exchange information and views and to ensure that the company is providing
the appropriate range and quality of services.
5. Develop and maintain research and development programmes to ensure that
the company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most
cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and
services, and retains its competitive edge.
6. Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual
budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are
maximized and that fixed costs are minimized.
7. Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations
strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company in the
8. Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers,
government departments and other key contacts to secure the most effective
contract terms for the company.
9. Develop and maintain total quality management systems throughout the
company to ensure that the best possible products and services are
provided to customers.
10. Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities
policies in all aspects of the company's work.
11. Prepare the annual report and accounts of the company and ensure their
approval by the Board.
12. Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to
ensure that the company complies with all health and safety and other
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
The job requires:
*a proven record of success in senior-level general or commercial
management, preferably in a related industry;
*at least 10 years' senior-level experience of management of people and
*graduate level of intellect, preferably with a higher degree in a
management discipline or a professional qualification;
*a wide knowledge of the industry;
*an understanding of the financial management and wider management
principles and techniques;
*political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands
of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements;
*a very high level of commercial awareness;
*excellent communication skills;
*excellent organizational skills;
*excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Jobnet's Placement Consultants Directory, India & International
Search info on