To direct and control the organization and to give strategic guidance and
direction to the
management and staff to ensure that the organization achieves its mission
1. Direct and control the work and resources
of the organization and ensure the recruitment and retention of the
required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff
to ensure that it achieves its mission and objectives.
2. Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress
against these plans to ensure that the organization attains its objectives
as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
3. Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Board and senior managers,
to keep them aware of developments within the industry and to ensure that
the appropriate policies are developed to meet the organization's mission
and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other
4. Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major
customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local
authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to
exchange information and views and to ensure that the organization is
providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
5. Develop and maintain research and development programmes to ensure that
the organization remains at the forefront of its sector, applies the most
cost-effective methods and approaches, and provides the required range and
quality of services.
6. Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual
budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are
maximized and that fixed costs are minimized.
7. Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations
strategy to promote the products, services and image of the organization
in the wider community.
8. Represent the organization in negotiations with customers, suppliers,
government departments and other key contacts to secure the most effective
contract terms for the organization.
9. Develop and maintain total quality management systems throughout the
organization to ensure that the best possible products and services are
provided to customers and/or clients.
10. Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities
policies in all aspects of the organization.
11. Oversee the preparation of the annual report and accounts of the
organization and ensure their approval.
12. Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to
ensure that the
organization complies with all health and safety and other statutory
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
The job requires:
* a proven record of success in senior-level general or commercial
management, preferably in a related industry;
* at least 10 years' senior-level experience of management of people and
* graduate level of intellect, preferably with a higher degree in a
management discipline or a professional qualification;
* a wide knowledge of the sector;
* an understanding of the financial management and wider management
principles and techniques;
* political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands
interests and of meeting statutory requirements;
* a very high level of financial and commercial awareness;
* leadership skills;
* excellent communication skills;
* excellent organizational skills;
* excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Jobnet's Placement Consultants Directory, India & International
Search info on