To develop and implement strategies, policies and processes to improve
operations and service delivery to meet existing and future corporate
1. Lead in the development of strategies, policies and processes across
all functions that will help to achieve the company's mission and core
2. Recruit and motivate business-oriented teams accountable for the
achievement of corporate and individual targets, ensuring that
comprehensive performance appraisal and development opportunities are
provided in accordance with the company's human resources strategy and
3. Provide advice and guidance to managers and staff on all aspects of
4. Maintain regular contact with customers to keep them aware of business
development and to seek feedback from them so that the company can
effectively implement a programme of continuous improvement.
5. Develop and implement policies to recruit and retain the required
levels and quality of staff to ensure that planned changes are effectively
implemented and corporate objectives met.
6. Develop and control multidisciplinary teams to ensure that action plans
are implemented and changes achieved that will support the organizationís
7. Develop and monitor budgets for all major organization development
8. Negotiate contracts with external consultants and other organizations
to provide services in support of organization change and development
where these cannot be met from in-house resources.
9. Develop close working relationships with other key functions in the
organization to keep them aware of, and seek there views on, proposed
organizational changes to ensure that there is a coordinated approach to
10. Develop and implement all necessary information technology policies
and processes to ensure that these support the business transformation
11. Maintain an awareness of any possible threats to the business and
develop policies and processes that will provide for such contingencies.
12. Maintain an awareness of developments in the fields of organization
change and development to ensure that the company continuous to take
advantage of the latest thinking in these areas.
13. Commission research in the field of organization development and
change to ensure that the company implements policies and approaches that
will improve operational effectiveness.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
The job requires:
*education to degree level;
*professional qualification in a relevant discipline;
*considerable experience of managing organization change;
*at least 5 years' senior management experience;
*knowledge of IT systems;
*excellent interpersonal skills;
*excellent analytical skills;
*excellent written and verbal communication skills.