Job Profile - Architect
Main Purpose of job
To plan, design and supervise the construction, adaptation and development
of building and land having regard to functional and aesthetic
1. Produce designs for building and other building projects in accordance
with a brief or specification.
2. Discuss design requirement s with clients and other interested parties
to determine the detailed project specifications in relation to the type
and style of construction, cost limitations and land-scaping and planning
3. Carry out a thorough site survey to determine site characteristics and
to assess likely problems.
4. Advise client on details of the proposed construction, including impact
on surrounding area, and keep informed of progress.
5. Prepare detailed drawings and design specifications and submit these
for approval by relevant planning authorities.
6. Negotiate and oversee contracts with builders to ensure that work is
carried out to the appropriate standards and in accordance with agreed
timescales and costs.
7. Maintain and awareness of developments in the field of architecture so
that up-to-date and accurate advice can be given to clients.
8. Monitor and audit work carried out by contractors to ensure that it is
the required standard.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
The job requires:
* a relevant professional qualification;
* at least 3 years' post-qualification experience in architecture;
* highly developed technical drawing skills;
* negotiating skills;
* analytical skills;
* excellent interpersonal skills.
Jobnet's Placement Consultants Directory, India & International
Search info on
/ Add your Article
Contact Us | Advertise
on 123oye |
Jobs & Vacancies, India on 123oye.com